Treasure Island, FL
Where Charm Meets Contemporary
Treasure Island, Florida is a magical place to visit but, an even more enchanting place to live. Waking up to the sound of waves crashing into the shore, spending all day in a tropical oasis, having dinner on the boardwalk and topping things off with drinks at sunset – I mean, that is the life. Here is a list of 5 things some locals incorporate into their everyday lives that would make anyone want to live in Treasure Island, Florida:
- Morning Beach Walks:
Treasure Island is a section of a barrier island that sits in the Gulf of Mexico. It has a total area of 5.3 square miles, 30% of which is land while the other 70% is water. Needless to say, most residents have the beach right at their doorstep. And what better way to start your day than a fresh, peaceful walk (or run) along the shore? The air is cool coming off the water and nature’s ambient, white noise plays in the background as sunlight peeks through palm fronds. It’s also a good time to find some cool seashells. So, roll out your yoga mat or grab a beach chair and some coffee, however you choose to enjoy your mornings on Treasure Island, you can bet it will be revitalizing.
- John’s Pass:
“The Pass”, as referred to by locals, is a village and boardwalk that features restaurants, fishing, family games, watersport rentals and local storefronts. Grab a slice of pizza at DeLosa’s, watch dolphins swim through the intercostal or take the family out for one of the annual events, like the Lighted Boat Parade or Sanding Ovations, a sand sculpting competition. Many locals choose to cycle but feel free to walk! Go watch the game at Hooters, grab some home décor or simply walk along the boardwalk – John’s Pass has something to offer the entire family.
- A Quick Drive:
Central Avenue runs vertically through the City of St. Petersburg, across the Pinellas County peninsula. Treasure Island sits at the far west end, just over the Treasure Island Causeway. Getting from one end to the other takes less than 25 minutes making Downtown St. Petersburg a popular place for Treasure Island locals. Fort De Soto Park is about 12 miles south of Treasure Island, with less than 25 minutes in travel time to campsites, dog beaches and land preservation for exploring. Want to take a day trip to Honeymoon Island? 45 minutes. Eager to see a Tampa Bay Lighting game at the Amalie Arena? 45 minutes. TI residents get all the perks of living in a big city, while enjoying the peaceful vibes of living in paradise.
- The Community:
The Treasure Island community prides itself on respect and proactivity and responsiveness. There are various boards and committees where residents have the opportunity to make suggestions, share ideas and voice opinions. The city has a full service government including a mayor and four city councilmen. The community welcomes tourism seasonally and thrives on the economic impact. All members of the community strive to keep TI’s marine environment healthy, continuing to attract visitors and protecting the homes and business that thrive here. Residents are so down to earth, it’s hard not to make a new friend wherever you go on the island. TI locals are just happy people but, I suppose living in paradise will do that.
- Finally, Sunsets at Caddy’s:
Whether you spent the day relaxing in the sand or adventuring in the Gulf, meeting up at a beach bar for a sunset dinner and night cap is the perfect way to end every day. Caddy’s is the perfect spot. After dining on fresh seafood (or amazing BBQ), grab a drink and make your way out to their private beach to claim your spot. There is live music every day and on the third Wednesday of every month, its movie night. Bring a blanket (and maybe a camera) because these waterfront sunsets are indescribable. Of course, if you live here, you’ll catch a good sunset from anywhere on the island.