Clearwater offers much more than one of the best beaches in the world. The downtown restaurant scene continues to pivot and offer Floridians and visitors alike varied dining experiences that are a welcomed, and safe, break from COVID-19 isolation.
Downtown Clearwater’s Redevelopment Agency recently offered a new voucher program to help local restaurants and Clearwater residents come together through the slower summer months. Clearwater residents can apply for a $20 voucher to use at nine downtown restaurants, listed below. Locals can show support to their favorite spot for dine-in, delivery, or take-out with the voucher. The program met with overwhelming demand, and the vouchers were spoken for in less than 10 days! Check back with the City of Clearwater website for updates the week of July 13 and throughout July, as the program may be extended: Click for details – Summer Dining Program
Florida beach visitors can enjoy a gorgeous, scenic drive over the Clearwater Memorial Causeway or catch the to enjoy “beauty beyond the beach” for a day, exploring downtown Clearwater’s mural tour, golf courses, and, of course, enjoying the local cuisine. Spend the day and evening in the historical, walkable Cleveland Street district and you’ll surely find something that will activate your taste buds before you even sit down. Supporting small business is critical now more than ever, and we would like to suggest these Awesome restaurants that are open for business (and following current guidelines to keep employees and guests safe) this summer:
- Tired of drinking wine at home alone (or is it just me?) Visit the wine tasting experience, and light bites, for a “new way to wine.”
- Pizza. Sports. Is there anything more “normal” than this? Don’t you miss pizza and sports? No need to reminisce about the good old days before 2020 hit, head to (and for sure try a calzone!)
- No need to board an airplane; simply go to for cuisine from around the globe. Right in the heart of the historical, walkable Cleveland Street District (which is charming as all get out) it doesn’t get more “Clearwater” than this.
- Special diet? Need gluten free, plant based options? offers “clean food for a better you.” And the food is beautifully presented and made from scratch, every day, too!
- This local coffee shop is focused on two things: coffee and community. And they do them both right. Breakfast, light bites, and friendly greetings for everyone who enters also available at .
- Picky family? Need some variety to keep everyone happy? has something for everyone…subs, sandwiches, Greek specialties, pizza, salads, and a kids menu, too.
- Tequila? Now we’re talking! (Also featuring authentic, home-style cuisine from central Mexico in a family atmosphere.) has mouthwatering apps, dinners, desserts and traditional Mexican cocktails. And kudos to the photographer, because the images on the website are making me very hungry right now.
- Check this place out…. The combination of Italian and Sicilian cuisine. An experience for all of the senses which activates an emotional response…the true definition of a dining experience that you’ll talk about well after your night here is done. You’ll have to try it to fully understand.
Have an AWESOME day!
By Jodi McLean